Roku is an awesome piece of hardware with its ability to replace cable television, all included in a tiny box. As great as the device is, it’s not perfect. It freezes sometimes. There have been several instants where it stuck on a “retrieving” screen. Other times, the device won’t begin properly.When you have problems with the Roku, the best resolution is mostly a hard soft Reset. If that doesn’t resolve the problems, a factory hard reset may come in handy. Here’s how you can get it done.
Hard Soft Reset the Roku
A Soft Reset will simply restart the Roku without loss of any data or settings.
If the Roku freezes while playing videos, you can try to reset using the remote control by clicking the following buttons:
- Home 5 times
- Fast Forward 2 times
- Rewind 2 times
- Up 1 time
- This will operate on all Roku models.
From Menus (only in case of Roku)
- From the Home screen,
- Select “Settings”, then go to “System” followed by “Power”
- And finally, restart your system to complete the process.
If none of the above soft reset options work for you, you may need to detach the power wire for about 20 seconds, then plugging it back in.
A hard reset will remove all settings from the device and take it to factory defaults.
If a soft reset doesn’t resolve your issue, a hard reset may be your only option. This will clear all data from the Roku and reset it to factory default settings.
From the Home screen, pick the following options in the given sequence:
- Go to “Settings”, then “System”
- Click on the “Advanced system settings” button followed by “Factory reset“.
or it could give following options:
- Go to “Settings” then find and click “Factory reset” button.
- Then on the “Factory reset” button and click on “Yes“ to continue.
- Detach all cables except the Power wire.
- With the help of a paper clip, click on the Reset button on the back of the device.
- Continue to hold the Reset button, then detach the Power cord from the
- Unclick the Reset button, then plug all of the wires back into the Roku.
- The Roku will again follow the setup process.
For more information, you can also contact us at the toll-free number +1-855-531-3727 available online. You may visit our website www.rokuactivation.link for Roku.com/link support.
The post How to Hard and Soft Reset the Roku appeared first on Roku Activation Link.
This post first appeared on Roku.com/link Account Activation And Help, please read the originial post: here