The exact estimate cannot be done for hiring Movers but still we can anticipate the cost. Basically these costs are calculated by weight or in some cases by relocation cases, in some by estimating the cubic foot of the items for relocation. There is question which arises in every body’s mind when they want to relocate that how much does it cost to hire movers? So most moving companies will charge you based on the weight of your shipment and the distance to your new home but will probably charge you for a number of additional services they provide you. The best way to have your moving costs estimated is to get quotation of few top rated cross country movers and ask them for on-site estimates. Having an estimate will guarantee to some extent that the final moving cost will not exceed the estimated amount
Calculation Of the moving costs:
It’s crucial to understand that moves are calculated on a case by case basis because the moving price depends on too many factors.
Following are the instances to get an idea about the cost of a cross country move – an approximated value:
- Like if you want to Move out of a studio apartment and your approximate weight of goods are 1800 lbs., distance to new place: 1000 miles then the cost should be around $1200.
- If your old place is a 1 bedroom apartment and approximate weight of goods: 2200-3200lbs., distance to new home: 1000 miles the it will cost you around $1500-$2200. It should take 3 movers roughly 4 hours to move a 1 bedroom apartment locally, so about $300 for labor only. While long distance, the price can jump to around $2000 for an average weight of 3000 lbs.
- If your old place is a 2 bedroom home and approximate weight of goods: 5000-6000lbs and distance to new home: 1000 miles then it will cost you around $3500-$4200. It should take 3 movers roughly 6 hours to move a 2 bedroom apartment locally, so about $450for labor alone. While moving long distance, the cost can reach up around $3500. 2 bedroom apartments weigh somewhere between 5000 lbs. to 6000 lbs., but a single specialty items may tilt the scales one way or another. To avoid finding yourself with too little time to react accordingly, you must start packing up your home as early in the preparation stage as possible. Start preparing the rooms which are the most difficult to sort out and pack.
- If your old place is a 3 bedroom home and approximate weight of goods: 9000 lbs. and distance to new home: 1000 miles then it will cost around $6300.
- The above mentioned figures are estimates so that you get an idea of the cost the movers take. But still till date the best way to get an idea of the cost that movers will take is an on-site surveys from reputable moving companies that will end with providing you with the accurate price estimates.
The post Cost Estimates for Hiring Movers appeared first on Topics Talk.