It is many times assumed that space brings functionality. Well, this is not the truth. Even if you have a small room, it could be as functional as the large one only if you know the art of organizing. There are various tricks and methods by which you can make your room look larger, optimize space and make it more functional to incorporate your day-to-day routine activities. Most of the houses have a separate Wash area which is used for washing clothes, drying them, ironing and storing them. This room includes a washing Machine, a drying machine, or iron table and storage Almirah. Now, most of the space is taken up by all of these machines and accessories in the room making it smaller. Let us look at some of the cleverest ways to how you can customize space in your wash area. Apart from this, if you haven’t made a wash area yet reach out to the best interior designers in Bangalore, who can design an exercise in a better and convenient way.
There are various methods by which you can bring in more space in your wash area. This includes giving your accessories proper storage, having wall racks along with a cloth hanger. You can go for space-saving storage solutions or have a hanging rod to dry clothes.
- Machines exterior – usually we have a washing machine and a dryer in the wash area. You can use the sides of these machines to hang stuff with the help of hooks. This can help you store small accessories like a brush or any other washing tool. It is better to not use a magnet as it might affect the working of your machine and its internal components. Apart from this to make it look fancy you can use colourful hooks, designs and patterns to amplify exteriors.
- Freestanding shelf – freestanding shelves and movable shelves that can be a part of your wash area. It is one of the easiest ways to bring in lots and lots of space as it has various cells in which you can store plenty of stuff. Not only this but these freestanding shelves can also be pushed between the washing machines so that your space has been customized. Moreover, you can have different compartments, rods and baskets to store a huge variety of stuff. Generally, these freestanding shelves are made up of steel rather than wood
- Fill the gap between machines – as said earlier, you can fill the space between the washing machine and dryer with small storage items including a trolley rack. This will help you keep small items on track just like socks, rubber bands, dryer sheets and the essentials. It would be best if you do not use wood here because it is not water-resistant and might create lots of damage
- Build countertops – just like we have countertops in the kitchen it would be feasible to have similar countertops in your laundry area. These countertops can help you store plenty and plenty of stuff including baskets, detergent bottles, iron etc. not only does but it can also be used for ironing and folding clothes. Apart from this, if you wish you can install your machines within the cabinets so that extra space is not consumed
- Pegboard wall – this is one of the most prominent solutions to the space problem. Hanging a pegboard can help you stored stuff like your broom, mop, gloves, drying accessories and other cleaning components. This will make it look arranged rather than keeping everything in chaos.
- Increase hanging space – it is recommended to increase hanging space in your voice area by either mounting a pullover rack or just having metal rods all around the ceiling to hang clothes. Generally, half of the wall below the ceiling is not used and kept vacant. Hence, try to bring in open-shell or any other Storage option if you feel all of this is going to cost you loads, why not contact affordable interior designers in Bangalore who can help you affordably structure your laundry.
- Bring in the bookshelf – if you have an old bookshelf or a shoe rack, this also can be used to store stuff rather than purchasing a new one. It would be convenient if you have a small one, in which you can store towels, bottles, washing accessories and clothes.
- Behind the door shelf – again, this is a very common solution to the storage problem. Behind the door, shelves create plenty of space to store washing items, as space is usually kept unused. You can build shallow shelves and avoid using the door so that everything fits through it. To save cost, reach out to the most budget-friendly interior designers in Bangalore.
- Ironing centre – It is essential to have a ironing Center where are you can iron clothes regularly. This can also have a long cabinet which could be used to store ironing Accessory’s just like water spray.
- Under-sink shelf– The area below the sink can be used to store non-necessary items, which are water-resistant. This can include washers, paint boxes, other painting supplies and accessories.
- Use crates – using crates a good option when it comes to storing huge bottles of detergent, soda, Clorox and other wash accessories. Generally, any material that comes in contact with all of these harsh chemicals might get overrated. Hence using create could be the best option then mounted on the walls. These can work as open cabinets but in a cost-effective manner. Best Interior designers in Bangalore can help you figure out some of the most interesting DIY ideas by which you can organize space.
- Workbench – A workbench could include a small table and a stool on which you can fold and keep clothes. They should not be too huge, a miniature one would suffice. You can have various shelves below the table, to increase storage. Apart from this having a stool can give you a sitting area in your laundry.
These were some ways by which you can increase space in your wash area. Whenever you plan on a wash area, increasing space seems to be the main motive because generally of washing area is quite small. Apart from this you also need to take care of the aesthetics. It should never overpower functionality but then the basic appeal is essential. It is preferred to use good quality material which does not attract water and moisture. It is necessary to have a window or any source of sunlight, to kill germs and bacteria’s. Apart from this, you can use different paintings, quotes, DIY art etc. to being in more aesthetics’. The colour palette should go with neutral colours, just like white, grey or light yellow. To know more about how you can design your wash area, reach out to the best interior designers in Bangalore.