Bringing back the heydays of Hollywood
Once a mecca for Frank Sinatra's famous Rat Pack and A-list celebrities, Palm Springs
continues to attract new and younger players--along with old timers, golfers and a large LGBT contingent. The area maintains its allure with upgrades, new finer dining options, additional hotels and soon a major revitalization of bustling downtown by Grit Development, formerly Wessman Developmen. The Palm Springs revitalization project opens this fall to complement the Desert playgroundreturn to its Hollywood glory days. "After a decade of planning and hard work, we're thrilled to share the project is near completion and the line-up of tenants to date," said Grit Development President Michael Braun
. "Dozens of tenants will open this summer with the Kimpton Rowan Hotel officially opening to the public in September. We are on track for a full grand opening in Mid-November."
New businesses include:
- Kimpton Rowan Hotel, boutique hotel with design-forward guestrooms and suites, restaurants with chef-driven seasonal fare and city's only rooftop pool and bar.
- H&M, one of the world's largest fashion retailers offering fashion-forward apparel at affordable prices in a sustainable way.
- Free People, a specialty clothing brand featuring the latest trends for women who live free through fashion, art, music, and travel.
- francesca's, a boutique that offers an eclectic mix of carefully-curated clothing, bright baubles, bold accessories, and playful gifts that are as fun to give as they are to receive.
- Kiehl's, a brand retailer that specializes in skin, hair and body care products.
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar, the island-inspired brand with stores and restaurants worldwide.
- Starbuck's Reserve, an upscale version of the coffee chain.
- Stout Burgers & Beers, a simple, upscale neighborhood restaurant that offers gourmet burgers and a vast selection of artisanal draft and bottled beers.
- Il corso, a fine diner that offers genuine Italian hospitality, authentic Italian dishes including homemade pastas, gourmet wood oven pizza, seafood and roasted leg of veal.
"This line-up shows the quality and diversity of tenants to come," added Braun. "Once complete, this project will put Palm Springs back on the map as a top destination. Visitors can enjoy staying at luxurious accommodations, shopping eclectic brands and dining at incredible restaurants -- all within walking distance and surrounded by beautiful scenery and views few can match."
For more on this go to gritpalmsprings.com. To find out anything else about Palm Springs click here. You might also enjoy http://pattipietschmanntraveldiva.blogspot.com/2017/05/chill-party-and-play-at-palm-springs.html.