I survived the night, and things actually went rather well. We started just a few minutes late, but ended right on time, with 14 teams taking part. It was a really tight race heading into IQ Trivia, with the top two teams tied and just four points separating the top five. The scores in IQ Trivia were unusually high, but the team of DIMS continued their domination by winning the night by just two points, rolling up 47 points in total. Congrats to the boys on their continued success.
Second place went to Book Hockey with 45 points, and third place went to Wasted Talent with 44 points.
Looks like we will be back in the Loft again next week, unless the Celtics get swept in their first round playoff series. If they have a Game 5, it would be next Wednesday night. I'll keep you all posted here, and on our Trivia Facebook page.
Best Team Name: We Didn't Hear The Instructions & We Don't Know What We're Doing
1. What actor, known for his rather odd behavior, is living alone for a month in a cabin in a remote section of Finland for a performance are project called "Alone Together?"
2. Dan Rooney, former ambassador to Ireland and longtime owner of this NFL team, died last Thursday at the age of 84.
3. What hotel on the Las Vegas Strip had a rooftop fire last Thursday night, but was quickly contained and resulted in no injuries?
4. What airline is giving employees permission to offer passengers up to $10,000 in compensation to give up their seats on overbooked flights?
5. What film opened last weekend to a US box office of $100 million, but worldwide opened to $532 million, a new record for an opening weekend?
6. What two-time Oscar-winning actor was named host of the 2017 Tony Awards earlier this week?
7. Geoffrey Kirui and Edna Kiplagat were the men's and women's winners at Monday's Boston Marathon. What country do they both hail from?
1. Alexander Graham Bell was a professor at what Boston institution of higher learning before securing his telephone patent?
2. At 790 feet, what is the name of Boston's tallest building?
3. Martin Scorsese won an Academy Award for Best Director for what Boston-based film?
4. The Celtics have won the most title of any Boston-based sports team (17). Between the Red Sox, patriots and Bruins, which won has won the second most?
5. What Boston tunnel is named after one of the city's all-time sports legends?
6. True of False: The first subway built in the US was built in Boston.
7. What American statesman defended British soldiers involved in the infamous Boston Massacre of 1770?
The Q Train: US States Nicknames Trivia
1. Equality State
2. Granite State
3. The Old Dominion
4. Razorback State
5. Magnolia State
6. Yellowhammer State
7. Ocean State
8. Constitution State
9. Gopher State
10. Evergreen State
1. "What's Love Got to Do With It" was a 1984 hit song for what artist? ( 1 pt)
2. The entire length of the Erie Canal runs through what US state? ( 1 pt)
3. Between Russian, German and Chinese, which is not an official language of the UN? ( 1 pt)
4. Since 2011, when the field was last expanded, how many teams play in the NCAA basketball tournament every year? ( 2 pt)
5. On a roulette wheel, the double zero space is usually what color? ( 2 pt)
6. What country's nickname is "The Hermit Kingdom?" ( 2 pt)
7. In what city could you hire one of the public bicycles known as "Boris Bikes?" ( 3 pt)
1. The Costa Brava is a coastal region in the northeastern region of what country? ( 4 points)
2. What is the second largest city in the United Kingdom by population, after London? ( 5 points)
3. What is the largest third-party political party in the US, with over 500,000 members? ( 3 points)
4. What musical instrument is on Louisiana's state quarter coin? ( 4 points)
5. What wealthy American is also known by the nickname "The Oracle of Omaha?" ( 4 points)
1. Shia LeBeouf; 2. Pittsburgh Steelers; 3. Bellagio; 4. Delta; 5. "Fate of the Furious;" 6. Kevin Spacey; 7. Kenya.
1. Boston University; 2. John Hancock Tower; 3. "The Departed;" 4. Red Sox (8); 5. Ted Williams; 6. true; 7. John Adams.
The Q Train: US States Nicknames Trivia
1. Wyoming; 2. New Hampshire; 3. Virginia; 4. Arkansas; 5. Mississippi; 6. Alabama; 7. Rhode Island; 8. Connecticut; 9. Minnesota; 10. Washington.
1. Tina Turner; 2. New York; 3. German; 4. 68; 5. green; 6. North Korea; 7. London.
1. Spain; 2. Birmingham; 3. Libertarian; 4. trumpet; 5. Warren Buffett.