Over the years, there are many people asking how to create a blog or website that is Search engine friendly. If you also ask the same question, then here are some guidelines on how to do it. It will help you to get what you want.
Looking for the answers on “how to make my own website“? Find out right now!
Creating Search Engine Friendly Website: Search Engine Tips
- Add Flash, Videos and Images: The first thing that you should not forget about search engines is that it your site should not only be about text. Another thing is that it does not mean that you need to add flash file. There are software that scans flash file, but do not assume that it will get all the information you need. It is better to create video site or flash game site so that it will have a good rank on the search engine result’s page. Be sure that you add flash files, videos as well as pictures on your website. On the other hand, it is important that you make content for each and describe it. When it comes to flash file and video files, you should not just add text because you need to describe your flash file and describe what the video all about is.
- Validate HTML Code: In validating, it will help you to make sure that it does not have any mistakes, such as grammar or spelling errors, but it is about underlying HTML code allowing web browser in formatting the web page according on how it should appear. Whether you use web editor or HTML code, it is a good idea to run your final code in CSS validators and HTML.
- Make relevant title tags: Many of the search engines give additional weightage to text that appear in HTML
tag. Keep in mind that it is not the title that you see in body of the web page, but it is a non-visible text in HTML that browser uses in displaying title bar of browser window. Also, take note that search engines use tag as part of algorithm in determining what the page is all about.
- Remove apparent content duplication: If you are using blogging software, blogging service or other content management system, you need to check for duplicate content. Duplicate content means pages on your site that is same with other pages of others websites. If you did it manually, then it will not happen. The problem with duplicate content is that some sites will be link to other pages and vice versa. With that in mind, you need to look for a way in removing that certain feature in your service or software allowing articles to reach different URLs.
- Get rid of hidden text: Hidden text means text that is included in your main body, but it is not displayed on screen when your visitors view your page.
- Google: This is the first search engine that is well known. In a searches conducted, 69.5% were powered by it and the remaining 25% belongs to Bin. In addition, Google dominates tablet and mobile search engine market with a percentage of 89%.
- Bing: It manages users to use it, but according to searches, Google convinces the majority. There are still people who are using it.
- Yahoo: Since 2011, Yahoo is being powered by Bing and it is one of the essential email providers. There are reports telling that Yahoo ranks as the 3rd place in search.
- Ask.com: It is formerly known as the Ask Jeeves. This search engine is based on question and answer format where some of the questions will be answered by users. In fact, it has general search functionality.
- AOL.com: It is still on the top 10 search engines in the market share. It includes many popular web sites such as techchrunch.com, huffingtonpost.com and engadget.com.
- Blekko.com: It was developed by the ex-Googlers and it is said that it is spam free search engine. It is perfect for SEOs and webmasters who needs data for their SEO purposes.
Learn more about what web page designs are and how it works!
There you have the guidelines in creating website search optimization and some top-notch search engines that you can rely on. If you have a website, make sure that it is search friendly so that it will be find online. Start to make sure that your site is Search Engine friendly to get the visitors you need.