Social Media ROI can be an intimidating thing for anyone who is getting started using Social to promote their business or organization. Luckily, there are many people who have mastered it and can provide an excellent base as you get started with your use of Social Media. I recommend these books to anyone who is working in the social media or marketing field. And today…that’s almost everyone.
1. Measure%20What%20Matters:%20Online%20Tools%20For%20Understanding%20Customers,%20Social%20Media,%20Engagement,%20and%20Key%20Relationships">Measure What Matters
Measure What Matters by Katie Delahaye Paine, is a quick and easy read to introduce you to the world of measurement. In my opinion, anyone getting started with social should begin with this book. It illustrates the purpose of social and how you can measure effectiveness in your social marketing endeavors. Katie provides specific examples of how to measure engagement and more for every industry on social media.
2. Social%20Media%20ROI:%20Managing%20and%20Measuring%20Social%20Media%20Efforts%20in%20Your%20Organization%20(Que%20Biz-Tech)" target="_blank">Social Media ROI
Social Media ROI by Olivier Blanchard is an excellent follow-up to Measure What Matters. The book takes a similar approach but delves further into the nitty-gritty of how to develop a measurement program. Blanchard provides very interesting examples and many methods that can be easily adopted for your own business or organization.
3. How%20to%20Measure%20Social%20Media:%20A%20Step-By-Step%20Guide%20to%20Developing%20and%20Assessing%20Social%20Media%20ROI%20(Que%20Biz-Tech)" target="_blank">How to Measure Social Media
Nichole Kelly’s How to Measure Social Media, much like Blanchard’s book, provides detailed examples of how to implement a measurement program alongside a social media strategy that can maximize your gains.
4. Socialnomics:%20How%20Social%20Media%20Transforms%20the%20Way%20We%20Live%20and%20Do%20Business" target="_blank">Socialnomics
If you are not already familiar, Erik Qualman produces videos on social media trends at the beginning of each year. The video above is the 2017 edition of his popular series. While Qualman’s book is not directly related to ROI, it does provide an excellent understanding of how social media works and the
benefits necessity of integrating it into your business or organization.
5. How%20to%20Measure%20Social%20Media:%20A%20Step-By-Step%20Guide%20to%20Developing%20and%20Assessing%20Social%20Media%20ROI%20(Que%20Biz-Tech)" target="_blank">Mining the Social Web
Once you have wrapped your head around developing a social media strategy including the nuts and bolts of what you want to measure, I recommend the book Mining the Social Web by Mathew Russell. This will walk you through the python code needed to extract the data you want from various social networks and web pages. Understanding how to extract this data can really mobilize your analysis and enable you to collect the exact information you desire to better your business.