Smyrna has been very progressive in development and has made this a great family friendly city. With many development projects like Belmont Hills and Jonquil Plaza, it has added more congestion on Atlanta Road and Windy Hill. The Windy Hill Blvd will be created to help with congestion and create a nonstop boulevard from Atlanta Road to South Cobb Drive. According to Croy Engineering, the Windy Hill Blvd will include:
- Reconstructing the existing 5-lane roadway between South Cobb Drive and Atlanta Road with a boulevard section that will accommodate all forms of travel including vehicular, pedestrian, bicycle, and transit. The proposed roadway will include:
- Four express lanes to facilitate east/west through traffic by providing unfettered mobility via limited access
- 1-lane frontage roads in each direction to accommodate local traffic
- Bicycle lanes
- Pedestrian paths
Extensive aesthetic features including landscaping, lighting, benches, etc. will be included to promote bicycle and pedestrian usage. The project will also include two bridges strategically placed to allow local vehicular and pedestrian traffic the ability to traverse the express lanes.
Windy Hill Connector Project Video
Smyrna has started the process of acquiring the needed land. On February 9, 2017, the Smyrna Council voted 4-1-1 to possibly take nine parcels for the Windy Hill Blvd if they cannot be work out an agreement to purchase them from the current owners.
The Windy Hill Blvd project will help with congestion and provide some great things for the community of Smyrna. Having bike and walking lanes, benches, and places to go and be outdoors will improve the overall quality of the city and the people that live there. All these projects like the Windy Hill Blvd, Jonquil Plaza, Belmont Hills, and the Braves stadium and Atlanta Battery have helped to increase property values of homeowners. Smyrna has become an incredibly desirable place to live.
There are various other small projects going on in Smyrna. Some of these are:
- Street resurfacing
- Congestion relief improvements
- Oakdale Road improvements
- Redevelopment on Concord Road
- Parks improvements
View other projects going on in Smyrna
The post Smyrna Improvements – Windy Hill Blvd Project to help with congestion appeared first on Total Atlanta Group.