Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke
The early bulbs are blooming with spring joy in my garden. Their familiar color is comforting, and always a little surprising against the drab beds that I haven’t gotten around to tending to yet. My closet also looks a little drab since I haven’t gotten around to adding spring color there either.
Fortunately, girlfriend guru and fashion expert DONNA GAMACHE is here to help. We can all benefit from her advice on how to incorporate the latest colors–whether we’re overhauling the entire closet (I wish!) or adding a small splash of spring. What are your tips for spring color, girlfriend?
It is always nice to know what the experts are saying about what to wear and what colors are in trend. This gives you a good sense of what you can add to your wardrobe each season to keep it updated and modern. However, if the colors that are in trend don’t look good on you…steer clear of them. It is better to be dressed in Color that really works for your skin tone rather than wear a color that is in trend and just doesn’t work for you. Or, choose to wear the new color away from your face. This is a little secret that stylists use to help clients add seasonal color to their wardrobe.
Here are some quick tips for what to do if the Pantone Spring color doesn’t work for you.
- · Emerald is at the top of the list for Spring but this color doesn’t necessarily look great on everyone. If this is true for you, turn to the right hue of turquoise instead. This color looks great on everyone and will give you a fresh look for the season.
- · African Violet is another color that doesn’t look great on everyone. If this is the case for you, try a skirt or pant in this trendy Spring Color and remember to keep the color that is closest to your face in a neutral color that works with your skin tone.
- · Another great Spring color is Poppy Red. If Poppy Red doesn’t work for you, choose a pattern that has other colors to help neutralize the red.
No matter what you choose. Be sure you know what color looks best for your skin tones. Need more information about that?
Check out this video and read about color and your style.
DONNA GAMACHE, speaker, author, and coach works with clients to help them create a Powerful Presence. She has two published books and hosts the monthly Gamache Panache radio show. Visit www.DonnaGamache.com for more information about how to live your personal style from the inside out.
Let’s make this a special year – filled with friends and gratitude. Sounds like the winning combination for a wonderful new year!
A Free Resource Library of Great Girlfriend Advice?!
- Celebration Ideas & checklists
- Friendly Financial Advice
- Tempting Travel tips
- FREE eBooks
- Coloring book pages
- Quotes to share with Friends
^Girlfriend Gift Finder for:
- Birthday Gifts for Women
- Holiday Gifts - Christmas Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Valentine's Day Gifts
- Cheer up Gifts, Sympathy Gifts, Just Because Gifts, Congrats, Housewarming, Hostess Gifts & More!
Free Resource Library?
- 150 Friendship Quotes
- 3 FREE eBooks - including Resumes & Cover Letters
- 2 Inspirational Quote Coloring Book Pages
- JUST ADDED: Tips to make Grocery Shopping Easier
- Girlfriend Trip Beach Recommendations
- Money-saving Tips & Sites
- & more!!
The post Spring’s Colorful Pallet…is it Right for YOU? | Fashion Advice from Guru Donna Gamache appeared first on Girlfriendology.