We hear that Hard-Work is the key to success. If it is so; what is the reason that some people are successful and others are not when both equally work hard? Why does success look like a mystery to some and an easy pathway to others?
“Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success” –Swami Sivananda
Success is defined in numerous ways. These are few lines provided by some renowned people on success and each line is completely true. You might have read many books or watched a number of videos on achieving success but had any of those ideas really worked? When two people work equally hard on the same thing and one wins the race, we end up saying it was his day or his luck favored him. So is it all about luck that decides whether a person will be successful or not? Not really. Achieving success is all about the mindset of a person. Not everyone in this world achieves success instantly. If you go through the track records of successful people, you will find one thing common between them and that is they never gave up. Yes, the first thing that makes a person successful is remaining determined and focused even after receiving the failure.
- It is human nature that after experiencing failure they get distressed, despair and wobble. But only those who overcome these negative or distressful emotions pave a pathway for a successful future. Therefore firstly success is possible only with right thinking and this is the habit of successful people that lead them towards a correct pathway.
“Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” -Bobby Unser
- Whether in school or college, we are said that if we do this or follow certain steps; we will surely achieve success. But only a few among all actually analyze the situation, think critically on it and then work in a creative and planned way. This is another habit of successful people. Remaining updated on pursued topic and thinking out of the box is the quality of habit of successful people.
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure” –Colin Powell
- The time and situation are always changing. Development, modification and invention are going on every next moment. But the academic curriculum still remains same. So only a focused and determined person remains aware of the changes and integrates them in their learning and this habit of going beyond the restricted curriculum can be noticed in any person who is continuously achieving success in their academics. Yes, there is a major difference between successful people and unsuccessful people. People who follow the same or rigid course in a specific pattern again and again hardly achieve success in life whereas those who think beyond the rigid course or beyond a specific pattern for getting a solution to any problem achieve success in life. Successful people don’t follow any specific pattern, instead of with their creativity they frame their own pattern and change it depending on the information.
- Applying or connecting theoretical information and evidence in the practical life is another habit of successful people. Take an example; two students graduated from Engineering are looking for a job. Even after years of the job hunt, they aren’t able to secure a good job in a reputable company. One among the two got depressed and decided to do whatever job he gets irrespective of pay and experience because his friends, relatives and family accused him of his failures. The other one took it as a challenge and decided to apply his experience and start something on his own. Though the task is time-consuming but down the line, he will surely become successful because firstly he didn’t give up, secondly he wasn’t scared of accusation or precisely saying he really didn’t care what people have to say about his failures and thirdly he implemented the obtained knowledge in his practical life. So this is a perfect distinction between thinking of the successful person and that of unsuccessful person.
“A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him” –David Brinkley
- A successful person never remains stable at any point in time; they keep on adapting the changes, modifying and shaping ideas on the basis of present situation and condition. Moreover, there is no shortcut for success; it is only possible with hard work, innovation and ideas.
So, there are no specific habits of a successful people. It’s not about the time they get up in the morning or sleep at night, neither it’s about the food they eat or exercise they do. They are successful because they have a unique and different mindset. They don’t follow a group of people, they stand unique and work to create their own identity. They focus on creative thinking and are always dedicated to achieving their goal and accepting new challenges. So whether in academics, career or life; if you truly want to achieve success, don’t remain stagnant at any point, keep learning and make use of the knowledge that you have acquired from years of education.
If you want to become successful; adapt the habits of successful people that will help you correct your mistakes and achieve your goals.