The Fundamentals of Engineering Chemical CBT exam consists of 8 hours. The 8 hours duration includes reading of nondisclosure agreement and tutorial, exam, and an optional break.
In FE chemical exam course, the test paper consists of 110 multiple-choice questions. This exam is broken into two sessions. One is the morning session (the fundamentals) and the other is in the afternoon (chemical engineering). The topic ‘heat transfer’ is vital. You may get repeat questions on this chapter. Nevertheless, it is a good idea to keep this in your mind.
First, make up your mind to clear the exam in the very first attempt. Second, plan your own strategy about prioritizing the topics. Finally, keep sufficient time for revision. Revision boosts your memory and enables you to recall information during the exam. Here are a few tips to follow during the preparation time.
- Fix a routine: Have a scheduled time to study every day. If you are working, adjust your study schedule as per your ability. Start with a fresh mind, away from the stress of work life. Try to put together a couple of hours each day for your study. A routine helps you to practice better, learn more, and attempt the exam successfully.
- A Day before the Exam: Do not panic. Confidence is the key to success. Panic stalls your ability to revise and recall. Although this is true, you may find yourself panicking at the last moment. To avoid such feelings, take it easy. Rest more and try not to keep all revisions for this day.
- Join the workshop sessions
- Refer to FE reference books/ISO training material,
- Refer to FE chemical review course and
- Practice mock exam tests
- Resourceful:When you gather information from different sources, your prep work reflects so. You are able to learn more, clarify your doubts, and understand how to approach the exam. Get hold of more than one question bank. These enable you to practice different problems. Practicing increases your speed in problem solving. It helps you to gauge the approach towards various problems.
- Carry all essentials: Ensure that you carry the necessary items such pens, calculator, etc. Such paraphernalia helps.
- Avoid the rush: Reach your exam center early to avoid rush. You might want to drive down to the center before the exam day. It helps you to understand the traffic, and the time required to reach the place without hassles.
Clearing an exam requires perseverance, hard work, and right approach. The above-mentioned tips will help you to appear successfully for the FE exams.