Epic Easter Events
The Easter holiday events are an amazing opportunity to really enrich your ski holidays, wherever you are in the USA, from Colorado to Utah, California to Wyoming. There is a little something for everyone, not forgetting all the chocolate! So here is a little spotlight over what is going on during your Spring Easter break.
Easter is an important part of many kids’ childhoods, so the resorts make sure they really embrace these celebrations and make them family friendly. A huge part of this is the gigantic Easter egg hunts that are put on every year for skiers and non-skiers. Breckenridge litters the mountains with 10,000 Easter eggs, while Beaver Creek provides 5,000 eggs that get refreshed frequently so that no one goes home empty handed!
For all the music lovers out there, there is a wide range of events for all tastes happening this spring. The anticipated return of Aspen Snowmass’ Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Series brings with it 5 concerts as part of the Audi FIS World Cup finals celebrations. Other Spring concert series come from Park City and Jackson Hole’s Music Under the Tram where you can rock out underneath the infamous “Big Red” lift.
For those with a more competitive streak, then there are still mountains of activities to be entertained by. Pond skimming is a popular sporting pursuit during springtime in the mountains as lakes start to defrost. Watch the professionals at Vail’s World Skimming Championships or have a go yourself as part of Park City’s Spring Grüv. And if this madness isn’t enough then you can go ahead and try out Steamboat’s Cardboard Classsic (similar to Aspen’s Schneetag), where participants hurtle down Stampede Run to a messy finish.
Food, of course, is a huge part of Easter celebrations worldwide, so it is only appropriate for Vail to exhibit the best of their cuisine during this time. The “Taste of Vail” events range from Seminars on Paella & Spanish wine, to Mountain Top Tasting held at 10,000ft above sea level. There is something for all you gourmet lovers out there, so make sure you don’t miss out!
Other events can be found in the form of Aspen Snowmass’ Street Rail Fridays, and Breckenridge’s Spring Fever Park Jam and the Mountain Dew Spring Open.
Here is a comprehensive list of events:
- - Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert Series March 18th – End
- - Bud Light Street Rail Fridays March 24th – End
- - Schneetag April 9th
- - Sunrise Easter Service April 16th
- - Breck Pride 22nd– 26th March
- - Easter Egg Hunt April 16th
- - Easter Egg Hunt April 15th
- - SpringFest – a variety of different events April 1st – 16th
- - “Top Hogs” Trained Pig shows
- - Figure skating shows
- - Family Round Up: Apres Events Now - 23rd March
- - Rendezvous Fest 16th -19th March
- - I Can Ski Forever: An Original Musical 18th – 25th March
- - Music Under the Tram 18th March – 9th April
- - Easter Egg Hunt 31st March
- - Canyons Resort Easter Celebration Week begins 31st March
- - Spring Grüv 27thMarch – 9th April
- - Nastar Championships 23rd – 26th March
- - US Freestyle Championships 30th March – 1st April
- - Cardboard Classic 15thApril
- - World pond Skimming Championships 16th April
- - Taste of Vail 5th – 9th April
|Cardboard Classic in Steamboat Springs Colorado ski holidays|
|Steamboat Springs Easter snow holidays|
|Ski holiday Sunrise service Vail Colorado|
|Lake Tahoe Easter Bunny, Northstar and Heavenly ski holidays|
|Golden Egg at Park CIty Egg Hunt Utah|
|Spring Gruv Pak City, Easter ski holidays|
|SpringFest, Easter ski holidays at Beaver Creek|