Following up on previous successful MTSR conferences, the 11th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR'17) focuses on an emerging theme of "Internet of Things (IoT) in Library and Information Science Research" and the practical implementation of ontologies and linked data in various applications. The conference focuses on:
- Theoretical and foundational principles of metadata, ontologies and information organization
- The emergence and application of the Internet of Things (IoT) in libraries and cultural heritage institutions (such as RFID technologies, smart libraries and virtual museums)
- The applications of Linked Data, Open Data, Big Data and user-generated metadata
- Digital Interconnectedness – the what, why and how of Linked Open Data and the Semantic Web
- Metadata standardization, authority control and interoperability in digital libraries and research data repositories
- Emerging issues in RDF, OWL,SKOS, schema.org, BIBFRAME, metadata and ontology design
- Linked data applications for e-books, digital publishing and Content Management Systems (CMSs)
- Content discovery services, search, information retrieval and data visualization applications.
The Conference will take place at Tallinn University from November 28th – December 1st 2017. Here is the Call for Papers.